Dr. Alex Esquivel is a Board Certified surgeon that has been providing services in Austin since 2001. He is a specialist in advanced laparoscopic surgeries including the Lap Band procedure.
He formerly held the position of Assistant Professor of the Department of Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Dr. Esquivel speaks fluent Spanish.
- Doctor of Medicine from the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Cell Science from the University of Florida
Professional Organizations & Associations
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Certifications & Recognitions
- American Board of Surgery
Why do I perform weight loss procedures?
“I have dedicated part of my practice to weight loss surgery because I truly want to help people live a healthier lifestyle. Over the years, I have discovered that weight loss has a very significant impact on everyday health and everyday quality of life. It’s also becoming more and more clear that obesity significantly impacts longevity, or life span; therefore, it has become very important to our society, and to the health care profession, that we help combat obesity and its associated risk factors. I decided that I could help people with their general health simply by becoming involved in weight loss surgery.”
Dr. Esquivel is an independent physician engaged in the private practice of medicine.